Moderated by: Emily Baum (Associate Professor of History, UC Irvine) and Denise Y. Ho (Assistant Professor of History, Yale University)
Emily Baum (University of California, Irvine) and Denise Y. Ho (Yale University) present a series of three online webinars for graduate students in Chinese history and Chinese studies, broadly defined. We and other colleagues recognize that current students are facing unprecedented challenges in conducting research and pursuing their professional development. We realize that this pilot series will not address all issues, but hope that it will create a platform of community and support, with the potential for continuation in the future.
• Jianye He, Librarian for Chinese Collections, UC Berkeley
• Kwok Leong Tang, Digital China Fellow of the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies, Harvard University
• Ian Chapman, China Studies Reference and Instruction Specialist, University of Washington
• Amanda Shuman, post-doc researcher and database manager, Institute of Chinese Studies, University of Freiburg
• Karl Gerth, Hwei-Chih and Julia Hsiu Chair in Chinese Studies and Professor of History, UC San Diego
This series is sponsored by the Long US-China Institute (University of California, Irvine) and the Council on East Asian Studies (Yale University), with support from Harvard University’s Fairbank Center, the Johns Hopkins University, Simon Fraser University History Department, the University of Chicago, the University of Washington, and York University.
Register in advance for this webinar:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.